10th March 2019
Cookery - Open
STEWARD: Marie Harcombe
PH: 5259 2314
ENTRY FEES: NO FEE
Entries Close: 4/3/2019
The official entry form or legible photocopy is to be addressed to:
Bellarine Agricultural Show
Po Box 315
CHECKLIST WHEN SENDING IN YOUR ENTRY:
Please check that the following have been included with your entry form:
- A stamped self-addressed envelope for the return of your duplicate entry form and /or exhibit tickets.
Additional Rules of Entry
- NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED
- Accepted entries are subject to the rules and regulations for all sections, as well as these additional conditions.
- All entries to be on a paper plate.
- Exhibits must be staged by 9am.
- Judging begins 9am Sharp.
- The Judge shall have right to sample cooking.
- No packet mixes please.
- JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL.
- Exhibits to be collected after 4pm.
- All prize money to be collected on the day.
Proudly Sponsored by Drysdale CWA
Meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 1pm, and every 4th Tuesday for craft at 11am. All meetings are held at the Community Room, Clifton Springs Golf Club.
For more information, contact the Secretary on 5253 2757.
J1 Sponge sandwich - (Plain) unfilled and not iced
J2 Sponge sandwich - (Chocolate) unfilled and not iced (Must use recipe below)
J3 Plate of four plain scones
J4 Plate of four date scones
J5 Plate of three muffins
J6 Plate of four pieces of cooked slice
J7 Plate of four piece of uncooked slice
J8 Chocolate cake iced
J9 Banana cake
J10 Orange cake iced - (in an oblong baking tin)
J11 Fruit Loaf
J12 Plates of four piece of shortbread
J13 Plate of six biscuits, or cookies
J14 Plate coconut ice
J15 Plate of fudge
J16 Plate of four sausage rolls (NO bought pastry)
TROPHY FOR AGGREGATE CLASSES (J1-J16)
J17 One person's work - 4 distinct varieties of:
2 Cooking, 2 preserves
TROPHY FOR BEST EXHIBIT (J17)
Bellarine Yo-Yo Champion
J18 Plate of four Yo-Yos
THE GRAHAM WILSON PERPETUAL CUP
J31 Jar of preserved fruit/vegetable
J32 Jar of plum jam
J33 Jar of marmalade
J34 Jar of berry jam (NOT Strawberry)
J35 Jar of apricot jam
J36 Jar of jam (other than above)
J37 Jar of jelly
J38 Jar of lemon butter/passionfruit
J39 Jar of relish
J40 Jar of chutney
J41 Bottle of homemade savoury sauce
J42 Bottle of homemade sweet sauce
TROPHY FOR AGGREGATE CLASSES (J31-J42)
RECIPE FOR CHOCOLATE SPONGE:
½ Cup (110g) sugar
I tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 dsp golden syrup
½ Cup (60g) cornflour
2 dsp plain flour
2 dsp cocoa
Here's what you do:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease 2 shallow 20cm round baking tins and line with baking paper.
- Beat egg whites, then beat in sugar and bicarbonate of soda. Add egg yolks and beat together, then add golden syrup and beat to combine. Sift flour and cocoa and fold into egg mixture.
- Pour into prepared tins and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn out to cool.